Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grand Ole Creamery

**** 4/5 Stars
Grand Ole Creamery
http://www.grandolecreamery.com/
Two Locations

750 Grand Avenue
St.Paul Minneosta 55105
12:00pm-11:00pm

4737 Cedar Avenue South
Minneapolis Minnesota 55407
12:00pm-9:30pm Weekdays
11:00am-10:30pm Weekends


Having been at the Grand Location a few times during last summer I decided to give it another try considering My bf and I were in the area. Came into the store considering its still winter here in Minnesota was a good crowd of people I had to wait in a line of 2 other families waiting to pick and sample out the flavors they wanted. A girl in here late teens was the only one working at this time so it was a little wait. She was indeed friendly and very helpful whenever anyone had questions

The location is fairly old its been there for 25years so it says on the sign they hang. its somewhat cozy but there are plenty of awards hanging around the walls. Right next door they have their new Pizza Parlor which wasn't very busy but if you wanted to get delivery they give you a free pint of ice cream!

I decided to do a one scoop split for $5.75 in a waffle bowl. You have a choice to choose if you want a sugar cone, waffle cone, or waffle bowl. Keep in mind that they do make their waffle cones and bowls fresh everyday and even sell them in bags if you wanted to bring some home for later. I decided on the Coffee break ice cream and the butter brickle for my split scoop. Which is just half scoops of two flavors. Still plenty of ice cream for two if you wanted to share with someone which I did with my bf.
The waffle cones come with a malt ball at the bottom, and so does a kids cone which comes with the ice creamed topped with a malt ball.

Overall good experience the ice cream is one of the best in Minnesota I must say its creamery and they have a large variety to choose from.

I gave them a 4 because they could have used extra help instead of leaving the one girl hanging by herself with a fairly good amount of people waiting to be helped on. I guess I shouldn't be so harsh since they had a "help wanted" sign on their window when walking in.



No comments:

Post a Comment