Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Restaurants and the Internet

One topic that I love when it comes to restaurants is when they interact with the customers not in a overwhelming way where they put a twitter up every hour and need to reply to useless things. The fact that they even have a twitter is a great plus for me I love to give instant feed back to the places I go to.

For example your at X location and you dislike their service you can tweet not only to all your followers aka friends on twitter but also to the restaurants twitter there for no need to call them later, write a letter snail mail, or a e-mail. Text and send in a few buttons. Your letting go of your frustration and letting them know where to improve. Whats even better is if they actually reply eventually letting you know how they can improve it doesn't have to be anything fancy but letting me know that this won't happen again makes me pleased.

The same goes for Facebook pages many companies have decided to go the route of having a Facebook page to let customers know about special events, coupons and other things of interest, plus its always fun when you get a free app or dessert just for "liking" them :). Same concept you can let them know how you feel and everyone else is able to read what you wrote.

Few things you should always have on your website along with a Facebook or Twitter account,

Store Hours (I went to Chilis today and had no idea what hours they operated everything was a telephone message where you there wasn't even a option to hear the hours)

Directions and an Address- I always find it handy because I use my GPS on my phone to just copy and paste the location and wabam I am there without any trouble.

Menu and Pricing- I like to scope out what I want to eat before hand without taking a million years at the restaurant deciding what to get. Knowing the price is also great I hate having a surprise tab added to my check (again Chili's didn't list their drink prices!!)

and finally a phone number if all fails and nothing above is listed (which are the basics) I can always rely on a phone number and hopefully that won't be machine operated.

BTW restaurants if you plan on having a flash website please spend some money for a mobile version my smartphone does not support flash and when I can't see anything at all because of my failure to have flash I just won't bother to go to your place I would rather check out another restaurant then waste my time trying to figure out all of your information on different websites.

Thats pretty much my jist on food places and the internet a quick blog since I didn't feel like writing a review.

Tiffany
Btw my camera is currently out of town soo that means all the places I go this week are going to be snapped shots on the BB.
I ate at
D'amico Kitchen
Chili's
today different price points and atmosphere for both lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment